‘Straight Outta Compton’ Named Highest-Grossing Movie From Black Director
There’s more good news surrounding the N.W.A biopic, Straight Outta Compton. It has been announced that the Universal Pictures film has managed to earn $200 million at the worldwide box office. This makes the F. Gary Gray directed feature the highest-grossing movie from an African-American director in movie history.
Released on August 14, 2015, Straight Outta Compton earned highly positive reviews from fans and critics. It finished first at the box office in its opening weekend, earning $60.2 million from 2,757 theaters and $80.2 million worldwide.
Straight Outta Compton stars O’Shea Jackson, Jr. as Ice Cube, Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre, Jason Mitchell as Eazy-E, and Paul Giamatti as N.W.A‘s manager Jerry Heller. Among the film’s producers are Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and Eazy-E ’s widow, Tomica Woods-Wright, with MC Ren and DJ Yella as creative consultants.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018