Nick Jonas took the Subway to the Met Gala and this is what Happened
The Met Gala is one of the most premier fashion events on the east coast with guests individually invited by Anna Wintour and to explain the event’s exclusivity, tickets for those not on the guest list cost $30,000 in 2014. With that being said, every detail of the event is carefully and meticulously planned down to the car service. Apparently the transportation part of the night wasn’t that important to Nick Jonas who arrived taking the subway.
From the 68th Street station traveling uptown to 77th Street and Lexington Avenue, he only went one stop. As expected, his subway trip didn’t go without fanfare but it wasn’t until he left the subway did the chaos ensue because of course, New Yorkers are too busy on their phones to look up and notice anything while on the train. Fans tweeted how they would have reacted if they saw him on the subway including one user @amandaxrachel saying “do yOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE IF I SAW NICK JONAS IN A TUX ON THE WAY TO THE MET?!” Yes Amanda, we could imagine, and it’s probably best you didn’t see him there.
Katy Perry arrived in a 1930s classic car that stalled on the way there, almost causing her to miss the show. Blake Lively’s dress was so massive she had to rent a party bus just to show up but the winner of them all seems to be Nick Jonas who for a mere $2.75 got to avoid traffic, mingle with fans and make a social media splash all at once, while wearing couture Dolce & Gabbana with 24K gold thread hand-top-stitching. He makes even the most astute Instagram star envy his subway snaps. Who knew it was possible to make public transportation look so sexy?
Glitzers, check out Nick Jonas traveling to the Met Gala on the subway and the response on social media below:
— Lherde (@Lherde_) May 8, 2018
— Nathaniel Singer (@WHSMetroToProm) May 8, 2018
Helen Mirren and Jake Gyllenhaal ride the subway without bodyguards. @nickjonas is not humble or modest or brave or whatever nonsense you want to say he is. Because real New Yorkers do it EVERY DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. pic.twitter.com/aaOtYO64Bb
— Love, Steven (@somedayboy) May 8, 2018
— omo (@ashleyygirl) May 8, 2018
- Wiz Khalifa and Lil Skies Party in the Grocery Store in New ‘Fr Fr’ Video - September 20, 2018
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kenya Moore Reportedly Wants to Replace Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ - September 20, 2018
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018
- Straight Youtuber Tarion Caldwell Says He Wants to be Ate Like Groceries Too - September 15, 2018
- Mariah Carey Releases the Music Video to Her New Single ‘GTFO’ - September 14, 2018
- Knot Head Cardi B & Drake Lead Nominations for American Music Awards & BET Hip Hop Awards - September 13, 2018