Kelis Claims Ex-Husband Nas Used to Put Bruises All Over Her Body
Singer Kelis just dropped a bombshell on HollywoodUnlocked.com’s Jason Lee. In a recent interview with the site’s CEO, she described in detail horrid descriptions of her tumultuous 5 year marriage to rapper Nas which ended in 2010. She described the times he would leave her covered in bruises and that she only left because she was pregnant with her son Knight and didn’t want anything to happen to the baby. If ever there were evidence as to what possibly happened to her career, this marriage sounds as though it could be it as they got together at the height of her success.
“It was really dark. There was a lot of drinking. There was a lot of mental and physical abuse. I probably would have stayed longer had I not been pregnant [with Knight] because I really did love him and because we were married. We weren’t dating, we were married. Like, this was my person.”
“I’ve waited nine years to say anything. I have never talked about this man, ever,” she explained. “The amount of airing out that I could do, and I’ve chosen not to … Our kids will find out. They’re finding out now. I’ve never painted myself as a saint. Did he hit me? Mhm. Did I hit him back? Mhm.”
She said the intensity of their relationship was such with the “intense highs and really intense lows” that many days they would go to bed fighting and wake up “like it never happened.” She also revealed that they hit each other. “Did he hit me? Mmhmm. Did I hit him back? Mmhmm,” she said matter of factly.
It took the revelation of the Rihanna/Chris Brown that she woke up realizing that could be her.
“I remember so clearly when the [Rihanna] pictures came out … ‘cause I [also] had bruises all over my body at that time,” she recalled, becoming visibly emotional. “I wasn’t ready to walk [away]. I just wasn’t. I’m not weak but I’m really private. I don’t like people knowing my business. I felt like, ‘This is my partner. I chose this. We’re gonna do this, we’re gonna make it work.’”
Since the relationship she’s moved on to real estate agent Mike Mora who she married in 2014. They now have a 2 year old named Sheperd.
“I moved on,” she said. “I’m married. I have another baby. My life is good.”
This comes at a time that Nicki Minaj broke up with Nas stating their schedules weren’t conducive to a relationship. It makes one wonder if he showed that side of himself to her and if so, will we ever hear about it.
Glitzers, watch the full interview where Kelis spills the deets below:
- Wiz Khalifa and Lil Skies Party in the Grocery Store in New ‘Fr Fr’ Video - September 20, 2018
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kenya Moore Reportedly Wants to Replace Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ - September 20, 2018
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018
- Straight Youtuber Tarion Caldwell Says He Wants to be Ate Like Groceries Too - September 15, 2018
- Mariah Carey Releases the Music Video to Her New Single ‘GTFO’ - September 14, 2018
- Knot Head Cardi B & Drake Lead Nominations for American Music Awards & BET Hip Hop Awards - September 13, 2018