Jackson Family Patriarch Joe Jackson Passes Away at 89
Earlier this week we reported conflicting reports on the Jackson family patriarch Joe Jackson’s health and whether he was as bad off as it was being reported. TMZ claimed he was on his death bed with family all visiting, the Daily Mail said Jermaine claimed he was dying, which he objected to and a cryptic tweet hinting toward some premonition about his coming death was met with rebuke from his granddaughter Paris saying he didn’t send it and someone was taking advantage of him.
All of this is now in the past as reports have just come in that Joe Jackson just passed away. The irony is that he died 2 days after his son Michael Jackson died, June 15th in 2009. Joe was famous for his treatment of his children while driving them into stardom including his turbulent relationship with son Michael Jackson who 30 years ago in ’88 was said to be a mystery man by Michael in a tell-all edited by Jackie Kennedy Onassis.
“Most of the time we just rehearsed. We always rehearsed… He’s still a mystery man to me and he may always be one.”
“If you messed up you got hit, sometimes with a switch, sometimes with a belt,” Jackson wrote. “Dad would make me so mad at him that I’d try to get back at him and get beaten all the more.”
There are many today who have had no sympathy for Joe in his last days while suffering from a long battle with cancer citing how he treated his children. LaToya wrote in a ’91 memoir that she was molested by him and detailed accounts of abuse her siblings experienced. Janet said she envied her friends’ relationships with their dad but recently at the 2018 Radio Disney Awards, Janet thanked her dad for helping her become the woman she is today.
As difficult as the death of a family member can be, especially one you had a rough history with, it’s my hope that the family is able to have closure regarding their experiences with their dad. The same goes for fans and critics of the Jackson family. People change and for all we know, Joe could have changed as a person. In 2011 it was said that Joe was alone and hardly visited by family. Hopefully since then the family was able to make amends with him. You only get one father and once they’re gone that’s it. Despite how any of us felt about Joe Jackson, he did bring us the greatness known as the Jackson family and for that we’re grateful. Rest in peace, Joe.
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018
- Straight Youtuber Tarion Caldwell Says He Wants to be Ate Like Groceries Too - September 15, 2018
- Mariah Carey Releases the Music Video to Her New Single ‘GTFO’ - September 14, 2018
- Knot Head Cardi B & Drake Lead Nominations for American Music Awards & BET Hip Hop Awards - September 13, 2018
- Kourtney Kardashian Didn’t Get Chosen to be Khloe’s Baby’s Legal Guardian & Now She’s #BigMad - September 13, 2018
- Tamar Braxton Reveals She was Molested by Multiple Family Members Growing Up - September 13, 2018