Irv Gotti Talks How the Music Industry’s Changed to Cycle
Rap mogul Irv Gotti chatted with Cycle for the second episode of Inner Circle talking about how much the industry’s changed, taking a minute to reminisce on the glory days of hip hop. In his hey day, Irv Gotti brought us Ashanti, Ja Rule, Fat Joe and some of the biggest hits from the early part of the millennium until the feds came knocking at his door for money laundering. Though he’s spent over a decade off the top of the charts, he announced earlier in the year he’s relaunching his label Murder Inc., something many of us thought would never happen, while others have essentially written him off.
The reality is if you’ve got it, you’ve got it and if he’s had the talent to build an industry empire once, he just might be able to do it again. He’s already had some success with his new show Tales on BET, a scripted anthology with a set of new cast members for each episode. Each week is like a mini movie where every episode is directed around a song, a hip hop narration of sorts.
Glitzers, check out Irv Gotti’s interview below talking about hip hop’s hey day and his climb back to the top:
- #DummyDiaries: Erica Mena Arrested for Marijuana Possession During Domestic Dispute - October 15, 2018
- Pete Davidson Reportedly Heartbroken Over His Engagement to Ariana Grande being Over - October 15, 2018
- America’s Next Top Model Keith Carlos – The Eggplant Edition - October 15, 2018
- Comedian Donovan Weatherspoon aka 2RealMacDatFee’s Showing Off His Eggplant - October 15, 2018
- ICYMI: Black Ink Crew Chicago’s Phor Sends A&& Shot Videos to… Who Exactly? - October 14, 2018
- Model Steven Johnson’s Looking Pretty Heavy in His Boxer Briefs - October 13, 2018
- Diddy’s Son Justin Combs Gets Caught Sending Naked Videos - October 13, 2018
- British Rapper and Model Tom Zanetti Posts His Nudes on Snapchat - October 13, 2018
- WWE Wrestler Seth Rollins’ Fiance Leaks His Nudes Out of Alleged Cheating Revenge - October 13, 2018
- Fashion Designer Matthew Camp, His Fragrance ‘8.5’ & His D*ck Revealed - October 13, 2018