Fergie Is Officially No Longer in the Black Eyed Peas + Nicole Scherzinger Replacing Her?
It is officially the end of an era. Last week it was reported that singer-songwriter Fergie had left Interscope and formed her own record label, Dutchess Music, through a partnership with BMG.
Fergie revealed that she will FINALLY be releasing her second studio album later this year after a few setbacks. While fans thought that Fergie would still remain a member of the Black Eyed Peas, rumors began circulating stating that she had left the group and front-runner will.i.am confirmed the news to Ahlan Blog revealing that Fergie is no longer a Pea:
“Since the beginning of Black Eyed Peas, we’ve always had amazing vocalists that appeared on the mic with us. People like Macy Gray, Esthero, Debi Nova, Fergie. On Elephunk, there were several females that appeared on that album. Obviously Fergie was the featured female, but on songs like Lets Get it Started, it’s Noelle (Scaggs), and then Fergie, songs like Latin Girls, it’s Debi Nova, and Request Line, it’s Macy Gray. We’ll always work with good females.”
When asked about Fergie being replaced, will seemed to contradict himself a bit, stating that Fergie will forever be a member of the group, yet stating that Nicole Scherzinger has worked with them on their new album:
“As for replacing, what people know The Black Eyed Peas to be, nobody is replacing Fergie. She’s working on her solo project at the moment, we’re on this brand-new experience, celebrating 20 years of Black Eyed Peas putting out music. We worked on a bunch of songs on her solo record, we’re proud that she has her label, but Black Eyed Peas are pushing it forward in terms of content, technology and experiences on our new project, Masters of the Sun.
Nicole is on the new BEP project as well. I don’t want to go into details how she’s involved yet.”
While I do like Nicole, I cannot imagine The Black Eyed Peas without Fergie. Yes, it’s true that the group started as a trio with just will, apl and Taboo, but Fergie helped bring the group into the mainstream and it’s because of her involvement that the Peas slayed effortlessly. With Fergie’s contributions, the group sold over 30 million albums to date.
Here’s to hoping that there’s no bad blood between them.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 18, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018
- IT’S ABOUT TIME: Janet Jackson to Receive the 2018 Billboard Icon Award - May 7, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian & Tristan Thompson are “Fully” Back Together + Couple Spotted for the First Time in Public Since Cheating Scandal - May 5, 2018
- DJ Khaled Gets Dragged on Twitter for Saying He Doesn’t Perform Oral Sex on His Wife because He’s the King of the House - May 4, 2018
- WATCH: Nicki Minaj Releases Official Videos for ‘Barbie Tingz’ & ‘Chun Li’ - May 4, 2018
- Michael Blackson to Kanye West: If Slavery Was a Choice then So Was Your Wife’s Paris Robbery - May 3, 2018
- GLAM SHOTS: Rihanna Talks Reason for Launching Fenty Beauty, No Longer Being Friends with Drake & More in Vogue’s June 2018 Issue - May 3, 2018
- WATCH: Celine Dion & Deadpool Collide for a Hilariously Great Performance in ‘Ashes’ Official Music Video - May 3, 2018